Thursday, January 26, 2012

Upcycling is easy and fun!


This will be a quick tutorial!
Materials needed: Spray paint, Crystal Clear gloss finish spray, and the product you will be spraying


I love going to flea markets and garage sales and sometimes I find odd pieces that are very interesting but the color of the items does not fit my furnishings. So I decided to try spray painting some of my items and I loved the out come. Here are some before and after pictures of some of my items
 some are still underconstruction but I placed pictures so you can see what I have been working on!
Before
After
Usually I find most of the items I like are either gold and or tarnished so that is when the spray paints come in handy!


Step1. Make sure the item you will be spraying is clean and dry and that you are in an area very well ventilated outside preferably!
Step 2. Spray your item your prefered color.
Step 3.Let dry for atleast 1 hour in the sun and then do a second coat if needed then let it dry for another 4 hours.
Step 4. Spray the finishing gloss or matte finish onto your item.
Step 5. Decorate your area with your new Upcycled item!







No comments:

Post a Comment